Evernote | US only / Remote
Principal Software Engineer
- US only
- Employment Type
About the team
As a Principal Software Engineer at Evernote you’ll be a leader across Engineering, helping us design the right technical solutions on complex multi-team projects . You'll apply your deep engineering experience to a variety of problems, from turning fuzzy product ideas into concrete requirements and technical designs to crafting solutions to our most difficult technical challenges. We’re looking for people who can lead from the front, helping grow our engineers and contributing significantly to our codebase and technical evolution.
I think we need some material here about our particular challenges and why it’s exciting / interesting - we have 5 core implementations of the Evernote client application, we share some code across them and want to share more, we have 200m users & 6b notes and thus care a lot about quality of service and backwards compatibility, we’re in the midst of a transformation from a monolithic service to a microservices architecture, etc etc etc.
What you'll do
- You will lead technical design and implementation for multi-team projects
- Work with product managers and engineers to take ideas from start to finish regarding technical designs and concrete requirements
- Mentor and grow engineers
- Shape our long-term technical roadmap
- You will be a public voice of Evernote engineering
What you've done
- Designed, built and run scalable distributed systems (at scale)
- Designed and built web service APIs
- Have 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Earned a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or gained equivalent experience
What we're looking for
- You have deep technical expertise and hands-on experience building multiple kinds of software systems
- You have experience leading complex engineering projects, both the architecture and execution
- You lead by influence
- You’re team-oriented; you help those around you improve
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.