nixa | Europe / Remote
- Employment Type
Nixa.io is currently working together with an early stage startup that is looking to hire super ambitious, product minded back-end/API engineers. The company is on a mission to enable online merchants to power the world's greatest payment experiences for their customers. They are a team of 6 people today working remotely across London, Paris, Wales and Berlin - and they just landed a big funding round from Europe's leading investors (early investors in Revolut, MySQL, TransferWise and UiPath). This is a unique chance to join a startup in it's early phase and get the chance to influence the back-end, API and, product development from scratch.
Their tech and how they work:
- Their core backend is built with Python, but is being quickly adapted as requirements dictate. Critical components of Their architecture will be split in to dedicated microservices, where they'll be looking at higher performant stacks for mission-critical functions.
- They believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
- They value: documentation, test coverage, documentation, code review, documentation, CI/CD and documentation.
- They predominantly communicate via Slack, making little use of email internally. They do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. Github is their repo of choice and we track issues via project boards.
- They encourage plenty of discussion + debate, but place tremendous value on pragmatism and optimising for output. They're solving brand-new problems, and understand their very best functionality will come about as a result of deep technical insights driven by engineering.
- You're passionate about building beautifully crafted APIs and creating awesome developer experiences. Primer is geared towards engineers and data teams. Build a product you would use yourself, and bring your unique insight and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping their overarching product offering.
- You like solving big problems. Primer's greatest challenges are yet on the horizon, and they'll need super hard working and creative minds to solve foundational infrastructure challenges for the world's largest online merchants and payments facilitators.
- You value autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. They have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micromanagement - they're moving really fast and you'll be required to take responsibility for delivering product end to end.
- You want to make a huge impact, and share in the success of a company you've helped build. They're engineering team is 4 strong today, but they started only this year and are just getting started!
- 👯♀️ All expenses paid quarterly get-togethers
- 💻 Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- 💸 Share options offered as part of package
- 🤑 Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- 📚 Books + other learning resources on us
- 💪 Gym / sporting costs covered!